2022 marks the year of ASK:ME’s 30th stage anniversary! 30 Years Ago – When a hobby at age 15 turned into a devotion for life.
When ASK:ME started working behind the bar in a nightclub at the fresh age of 15, it did not take long for him to also start spinning his first records. One of his most magical moments to date! A moment, which was succeeded by many more unforgettable memories in his hometown Munich, GER:
- Residencies at the legendary Fat Fugo or Mandarin Lounge
- Regulars at the reputable Pulverturm
- Epic celebrations at fabulous Ultraschall, Parkcafe, KW
- The early years – from hosting events to touring internationally
During his time at Partysan he hosted events, such as Rave On Snow, Thai Break, and Rave On Cruise. The yearly Love Parade in Berlin also became his playground with raves on his very own trucks.
- His first international big show was soon to follow at the Millenium Beach Party of San Miguel at Boracay Beach, the Philippines.
- Further international gigs were in Austria, Finland, Hungary, the Netherlands, Russia, Spain (e.g, Moog, Barcelona or Space & El Divino, Ibiza), Switzerland (Streetparade, Rohstofflager, Supermarket in Zurich), Turkey, and the USA.
ASK:ME (finally) got into the producing game in 2007
- with collaborations with George Morel, Jean-Claude Ades, Jerome Isma-Ae, Joe T. Vannelli
- on Labels (selection): MoS, Groove On, Swing, Rise Up
In 2014 it was time for some change and his alter ego ASK:ME was born as till then he used his alter ego Melih ASK.
In 2017, ASK:ME celebrated his 25th stage anniversary with many highlights such as
- a special tour featuring World Club Dome, Korea; WCD Pool Sessions in Frankfurt, Germany; Panama Open Air Festival, Germany; Sommerliebe Open Air, Germany; Ibiza Live Radio Pool Sessions, Spain and many more
- powerful releases on labels such as DJ Hell´s Gigolo Rec., Harthouse, Mr. Carter (Material Series), Tempora Rec., Ohral, You Are Strange, Raving Society, which were also added to compilations like Mayday, Helene Beach Festival, and Ibiza Essential Tunes and supported by the likes of Laurent Garnier, Marco Carola, DJ Hell, Acid Pauli, Richie Hawtin, Nicole Moudaber, Joyhauser, Paco Osuna, Dave Clarke, Affkt, Pan-Pot and a few more; not to mention great reviews from Ibiza Global Radio, DMC World Magazine etc...
- FAZE Mag interview for the March 2017 issue
- a huge compilation with 25 tracks accompanying his anniversary tour and including tracks of Marek Hemmann, Monika Kruse, Steve Lawler, Hollen, Noir, Solee, Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Rodriguez Jr and many more.
ASK:ME is as creative as ever with releases on Crosstown Rebel, Kuukou as well as Harthouse and Gigolo already in the pipeline. Not to forget that we will finally see him perform again with confirmed shows at Lollapalooza, Sweden; WCD, Malta; WCD Pool Sessions in Frankfurt, Germany; Panama Open Air Festival, Germany; Lucky Lake Festival, Germany; Amnesia Ibiza, Spain, Seeliebe, Germany, Boug Open Air, Germany; and a few more…
Due to the aftermath of a two-year pandemic, it was decided to host ASK:ME’s 30th stage anniversary tour a year later – but as epic as can be expected – with an unforgettable 30+1 tour in 2023.